Friday, September 12, 2014

Oh my goodness, i am blown away by your dishes. I grew up on kudhi, indian style, hairy maclary yout


Carrot salad with yogurt is one of the greatly respected rakı companions. Mainly for this reason, that it's highly associated with consumption of alcohol, it's made rarely at homes by women who do not want to cause an increase in rakı consumption of their husbands, because any reason is a good reason to have rakı. Therefore, carrot salad with yogurt is made usually for big dinner hairy maclary youtube parties or special hairy maclary youtube occasions like New Year's eve or bayram dinners. However, you can find this simple yet delicious meze (appetizer/starter/hors d'oeuvre) at every pub that serves rakı , especially at seafood pubs. Surprisingly carrot salad with yogurt tastes even better at sloppy pubs than it does at home although it's most probably made with a low quality oil, you're lucky if it's olive oil at all, and yogurt. Yet again rakı fixes every imperfection. serves 2 to 3 people 4 cups of grated carrot 1 cup plain yogurt, preferably whole milk yogurt 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced 2 tbsp olive oil 3-4 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill salt 1 tbsp mayonnaise (optional) -Heat oil in a skillet and add grated carrots. Stir until carrots are wilted. -Put carrots in a bowl with yogurt, garlic, dill, and salt. Mix well. Serve with crusty hairy maclary youtube bread with any kind of meat. note: At people's houses this meze is made with yogurt, but at pubs they sometimes use mayonnaise hairy maclary youtube to thicken it up.
This looks delicious! I can't remember whether I've commented before, but I'm enjoying the recipes - keep the vegetarian ones coming ;-) It's funny, my Turkish instructor from last year always thought vegetarianism was strange, but yet when asked she knew all sorts of vegetarian Turkish recipes and they're all over the Internet. "Side dishes," hairy maclary youtube ha, no problem, I'm small! Reply Delete
This looks tasty! Don't you love foods that taste better when you've been drinking? Chips and cheese comes to mind... that and Kraft Dinner. Oh, look. I've given myself away as an uncouth American. Oh well. Reply Delete
Peter--Ahh Nevizade ahhh! vb--Thanks, vb! It tastes wonderful, too. Susan--Most hors d'oeuvres (or mezes) hairy maclary youtube are thought as companions of alcohol. They're hairy maclary youtube good by themselves, yet whenever you have them, you think hmm this is good but could have been even better with beer or raki. Judith--vegetarianism is not that common in Turkey, yet on the west coast you can definitely survive as a vegetarian. Lisa--thanks! Kalyn--I have mint recipes. I should post them too. Simona--I'm sure Italian cuisine has recipes that go better with alcohol. mrs. ergul--thanks! Kaykat--I love raita! Emiglia--I'm with you. it's chips and guacamole for me :) Reply Delete
Burcu, This carrot dip (as I call it) was fabulous; it even got the Young Man at my place to eat dill--with no raki required (g). I blogged about my experience with your recipe, but it seems that blogger has already alerted you to that fact with a link to my post! Reply Delete
I'm just making this Burcu. The carrots are cooling down in the pan as I type. Interesting you said it;s a good New Year's Eve dish. We're going to a party and I was wondering what our offering could be. Now I know! Thanks. :) Reply Delete
Oh my goodness, i am blown away by your dishes. I grew up on kudhi, indian style, hairy maclary youtube and have never been able to duplicate mom's recipe. Yours is fabulous and so easy. I am in heaven. I am trying the carrot salad and the yogurt spinach in the next couple days. I added splash of cumin powder, curry powder and fennel seeds to the oil with the terragon, and chicken to the rice. The energy this soup gives me is miraculous. Could it be the terragon? Thank you, hugs, flamey Reply Delete
breakfast and tea-time specialties börek / phyllo dough pastry hairy maclary youtube eggy soups Appetizer/Meze pilav / rice bulgur recipes Dolma/Sarma Olive Oil Dishes Eggplant Dishes hairy maclary youtube zucchini dishes Greens Legumes hairy maclary youtube Roots seafood red meat poultry desserts jams and marmalades
Appetizers/Meze (4) Beet (2) Breakfast (17) Bulgur Dishes (1) cabbage (13) Cakes/Breads (9) Carrot (1) Celery Root (2) Chard (1) Chicken hairy maclary youtube (3) Collard Greens (1) Corn (3) dandelion (1) dessert (25) dips (2) Dolma/Sarma (3) Dough (1) Eggplant Dishes (2) Fava Bean (1) Fennel (1) Grain (2) Grains (28) Green (4) greens (2) Leek (2) Legume (1) Legumes (29) Meaty (29) Olive Oil Dishes (30) pasta (3) Pea (1) Quinoa (1) red meat (8) Roots (5) Salad (11) Savory Cakes (1) seafood (3) semolina (1) Side Dish (20) Soups (19) spinach (2) Sunchoke (1) Tomato (1) Traditional Turkish (117) Turkish Olive Oil Dishes (4) Vegetarian (12) Veggie (118) wheat berry (1) White Beans (3)


No comments:

Post a Comment