Friday, February 7, 2014

the wicked noodle replied:


Pin It One of the things I often hear when talking to people about cooking is “Oh, I could never do what you do.” Which always strikes me, because either I don’t think highly enough of what I do or they think too low of what they’re tora seafood buffet capable of.
The one thing I do know is that presentation plays a major part in a great dish. Take this salad, for example. tora seafood buffet There are no special or exotic ingredients in it, it’s just your run-of-the-mill Cobb salad. But it looks like a salad you’d be served in a five star restaurant.
You don’t need any special equipment to achieve it. You can purchase food rings – the ones I own work really well and they’re fairly inexpensive – but I’ve been told that a can with both ends removed will do the same thing. A few things to keep in mind when stacking your salads: Think about the colors and textures of each layer. I chose vibrant red tomatoes for my first layer to contrast with the color of the plate. Decide what layer will look best on the top. I could have easily switched tora seafood buffet the avocado and bacon layers, but I like the bright green on the very top. It ties in the green from the lettuce layer above the tomatoes. The texture is also important. I chose to dice the avocado because I liked the chunky look for our casual lunch, but thinly sliced and fanned over the top would add an elegant touch. Adding a small amount of dressing to certain foods will help them “stick” better. I did this with the lettuce and not one piece fell out. Use a large plate so that when the stack falls there’s room for the food. The plate I used in the photo above is actually a bit too small, but the photographer side of me really wanted that particular plate! Tamper each layer as you go. Pressing the food into compact layers will ensure it stays together. Be sure to lift the ring straight up when removing it. Have fun with it! What’s the worst that could happen? It’s just dinner .
Stacked Cobb Salad 12 very large cherry tomatoes, sliced 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine tora seafood buffet lettuce 1 1/2 cups cooked, diced rotisserie chicken 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles 1 cup crumbled bacon 2 avocados, diced 1 cup good-quality mayonnaise 1 cup sour cream 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled a few dashes worcestershire tora seafood buffet sauce 3/4 t kosher salt freshly ground black pepper
Place a ring onto a plate and add the ingredients in the order listed above (divide amounts for four salads). Mix a tablespoon of dressing with the lettuce before layering to ensure that it stays in place. tora seafood buffet
Tips: If I have roughly a cup of mayo left in the jar, I’ll add all the other ingredients tora seafood buffet to the jar and use that as my container. All you have to do is shake it and there’s no dirty bowl!
Website
Joan Nova
That is one beautiful stacked salad! Your presentation is so lovely, and I really like the ingredients you used in this. Thanks for sharing! You have a great blog and I’m glad to have found it.
vianney
the wicked noodle replied:
I wish I could claim them as my own! It’s a technique that I’m sure you’ll cover when you reach presentation tora seafood buffet skills. You can use this technique for all types of foods; I just showed salads since they seem to be the easiest. Good luck in culinary school!
TheDeliClerk
PatrickWaller1
I do the same thing when I have an empty jar or can.. I use it to mix everything instead of dirtying a bowl. I’m glad to know that a professional chef does the same thing. It proves I’m tora seafood buffet not just some lazy bachelor who doesn’t feel like washing an extra dish ;) lol. Nice looking recipe! Very tasty!
Shrimp with Couscous & Ginger-Lime Carrot Juice Reduction tora seafood buffet | the wicked noodle
[...] it tastes amazing and looks spectacular tora seafood buffet on the plate (I used my food rings to achieve tora seafood buffet this look; tips on using them can be found here). It uses carrot juice which, as I’m sure you know, is very good for you – you [...]
I’m very inspired to give a stacked salad like this a try! It’s such a beautiful presentation and I love how it takes relatively simple ingredients, but makes them into something fancy. Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories) recently posted.. Weekend Kitchen Link Party (2/15 2/17)
katie
[...] tricks up our sleeves, too. I know I’ve waxed poetic about my food rings and have shown you how to make a stacked salad with them. But it’s equally fun to make a soup garnish. Here’s how to do [...]
what are you in the mood for? Select Category tora seafood buffet appetizers tora seafood buffet barbecue beef blogging ideas and advice brats bread breakfast brunch burgers cake chicken chocolate cocktails and such contests cookies crockpot desserts did you know? dinner tora seafood buffet party worthy eggs fall fish and seafood tora seafood buffet for the grill Headline healthy holiday recipes just for fun kids mexican tora seafood buffet pasta pork potatoes products reader recipes rec

No comments:

Post a Comment